The J.B. Kremer Young Teacher Award is an annual award recognising excellence in the teaching of English as a foreign language within the Luxembourg school system. Our registered website address is: www.jbkremeryoungteacheraward.lu.
Data we collect directly from you
When completing our online nomination form and showcasing the awardees, we ask for a range of personal information and for your consent for specific purposes:
- Name and surname of nominator
- Position of nominator
- School/Institution of nominator
- Email address of nominator
- Name and surname of nominee
- Position of nominee
- School of nominee
- Email address of nominee
- Testimonial from the nominator
- Statement from the nominee
- Images submitted by you or taken of you in relation to the award
Automatic Data Collection
We collect personal information about website usage through cookies. We also use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to understand how visitors engage with our website and how we can improve it.
Cookies are small items of electronic information that a website sends to a visitor’s browser and are stored on the visitor’s hard drive. For further information on cookies visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Disable Cookies in Chrome
- Disable Cookies in Firefox
- Disable Cookies in Safari
- Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer
What we use the data for
We collect personal data in order to:
- communicate updates regarding your nomination.
- ask specific questions regarding your nomination.
- pass this on to our panel for the sole purpose of shortlisting and selecting the awardee.
- provide you with specific information or help you have requested.
- manage our website and troubleshoot any problems.
- track the effectiveness of our website and monitor how users interact with it.
Keeping your information up to date
If you need update the details we hold about you, or believe we hold inaccurate data please contact us directly over email.
Retention of your data
We will only keep your data for as long as is reasonably necessary and for the purpose for which it was collected.
How we protect your data
Your personal information is stored securely and can only be accessed by the award organisers and panel. We may also use third party providers to deliver our services, such as externally hosted software or cloud providers (e.g. Google Drive).
You have the right to:
- ask us for an electronic copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- inform us of any changes to your personal data.
- ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you.
- ask us to erase your personal data from our systems.
- object to certain processing of your personal data by us.
- restrict the processing in certain ways.
- withdraw your consent at any time subject to applicable law.
If you have questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data you can get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.